But finances play another role in divorce, too, according to a recent report in Barron’s. A change in financial behavior might signal that divorce is on the horizon.
Things to look out for?
· Account statements, tax returns or other financial documents go missing.
· A spouse who has been hands’ off with finances suddenly taking an interest in household money management.
· One spouse suddenly acquiring new credit lines.
· Statements from unfamiliar financial institutions begin to arrive, or passwords to existing ones are suddenly changed.
· Changes in the contribution amounts to retirement accounts without explanation.
While these signs don’t always point to divorce on the horizon, they do at least merit a frank discussion between spouses.
Source: Has Your Spouse Changed Their Financial Habits? Divorce Might Be Next | Robert Hetsler,J.D. CPA,CVA,CFF,FCPA,MAFF,CMAP,PFP | Pulse | LinkedIn