Our law firm has successfully represented many clients in high asset divorce cases. This enables us to clearly understand the issues involved, your goals for resolution and the dynamics of your situation. We emphasize open communication and strong attorney-client relationships. At Tabano & Associates, our divorce lawyers are accustomed to counseling clients on these high-asset value / high-income divorce issues.
We have developed a network of related professionals to assist you including investment advisors, accountants, real estate and business appraisers, as well as estate and trust attorneys. Your divorce lawyers understanding of your situation, our dedication to keeping you actively engaged in decisions throughout your divorce case and our comprehensive understanding of the interconnection of divorce and tax laws in a high-asset divorce enables us to obtain better results for clients.
High-asset divorces often involve a number of complex issues. Your divorce lawyers will review:
- Investment accounts
- Retirement / Pension plans
- Multiple real estate holdings (such as vacation homes, investment or rental properties)
- Employment-related stock options
- Deferred compensation
- SEP’s, IRA’s and retirement plans
- Family businesses
- Business valuations
- Item investments like art, classic cars, or antiques
- Other unique property concerns
Our divorce attorneys work with specialists to address many of the issues that arise in high-asset divorces, including:
- Hidden assets: We retain the services of independent investigators to identify hidden assets for purposes of fair property division.
- Securities assets and cash assets: We evaluate the fair market value of stocks, bonds, money market accounts and other financial accounts.
- Business interests: We obtain business valuations in order to determine the full and fair value of a business, as well as the value of any interests in a business.
- Real estate: In addition to the marital home, our divorce lawyers will examine other real property interests, including vacation homes, rental properties, income from rental properties and all other real estate investments
- Retirement accounts: Your divorce lawyers will assist you with a QDROs (qualified domestic relations orders) in order to secure a fair share of retirement benefits from IRAs, 401(k)s, pensions and other forms of deferred compensation.
- Child support: Your divorce lawyers will address concerns regarding unreported income, under reported income and other child support obligations including college support and trusts.
If you are involved in divorce with significant marital assets you must trust that your divorce lawyers have the ability to handle these complex issues. At Tabano & Associates our Pittsburgh divorce lawyers know Pennsylvania’s equitable distribution laws and have successfully handled many high asset divorce cases.